Thursday, March 5, 2015

Daily marker 30 day challenge:day1






click images to enlarge


I'm participating in Kathy Racoosin's amazing 30 day coloring challenge- you can play along too as much or as little as you like! Get all the details in this post on her awesome website. I'm excited to have the push to color everyday even if it's only a few minutes and even if i don't finish a whole project! i love that i finally got to ink up my BB Somebunny set from MFT (all links will be below). To try & do something different, i stamped my die cut images onto watercolor paper and colored with my copics (i colored very gently with the tips of my sketch markers so it wouldn't damage them)- i love the extra texture and weight the watercolor paper adds! the images are small and sweet so i wanted to build a C&S card. I used a smooth white card base and a smooth white layer cut with the fabulous Blueprints 22. I used just a hint of patterned paper to serve as "sky" in my scene (the circle is in the same Blueprints set) & a tiny strip of peach bellini cardstock (also cut with Blueprints 22)- a few clear sequins finished it off.
here's a peek at the inside too:

 

 i had so much fun & love my simple Springy card! Hope you'll join in the challenge and color along with us! thanks so much for looking! ...until next time! 
xo
-g
^o^

supply list
ink: momento tuxedo black
paper: 140lb watercolor paper (Strathmore), MFT cardstocks: Smooth white, peach bellini, patterned paper is Heyday collection from Studio Calcio (SSS)
stamps: MFT's BB Somebunny
other: MFT Dienamics: BB Somebunny dies, Blueprints 22, copic markers, Pretty Pink Posh 6mm clear sequins (SSS), Jody's awesome boosters, tombo aqua liquid glue


No comments: